Friday, May 15, 2020

Pittod - Childhood Nostalgia

As a child I looked forward for this pile of yummies. Mom with her Gujju neighbours influence makes some amazing Gujju dishes like Undhiyo, Dhokla...khandavi etc. Pittod as we call it was my favourite always. And nobody can make it like my Mom...i still remember how she burnt her fingers to spread it when it was super hot as once it's cold, the paste doesn't spread.
Today when I made it as weekend special in lockdown, it took my back to how me and my brother gobbled it in seconds. We didn't have fancy pizzas and Chinese at home those days, but we never missed variety!
This lockdown time is going to be the nostalgia our kids they will carry with them all their life! However crazy they might look today, when we look back. This is going to be the best family time ever! And next year, when these come in my facebook and Google photos memories, we will fondly remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment