Friday, May 15, 2020

Avani's dose of the day!! New house

We recently shifted in a new house, in a new locality. It was a year long journey with alot of disruption in all our lives. Then finally when it was time to wrap up from our old place, it was a very emotional moment for me. My 13 years of journey in the house was going to end. Journey where I have spent the best years of my life. Both my lovely kids were born there, celebrated every single ocassion and festivals with my friends right from Lohri to Onam, laughed and cried with family and friends. Decorated each wall and corner with so much love and affection. The photoframes on the wall, still narrate thousand of stories.
It was hard for me to let go of the little shoes I had bought when I was expecting my first baby. And then that little tulsi plant in the balcony made me recall the whole journey from a newly wed to the lady of the house. And ofcourse as all journeys are, it was full of ups and downs.
So with this emotional upheaval going on in my mind, few tears rolled down my cheeks.
Avani looks at me and chokes a little.Hugs me.
Avani : Mom, why are you crying? Are you also missing Riviera as much as I do?
Mummy: Ofcourse darling. I have spent 13 years of my life here. I will definitely miss it very much.
Avani: Not as much as I do!
Mummy: Why not?
Avani: Because you have only spent part of your life here. But, I. I was born here and have spent all my life here. So I will miss it more than you do.
Yes, I agree. Its logical. Though 13 is more than 8 (Avani's age). She has spent all her life there. And I have only spent part of it.
No photo description available.

1 comment: